Thursday, February 12, 2009

Now we're cooking!

Went over to CRC after work, and I am happy to report that the plumber must have been there today, because the tub drain has now been fixed!


The replacement part for the defective faucet has been replaced, and the faucet installed:


J did a great job caulking around the sink this week, too. He used sanded caulk (I had never heard of it, but I'm sold on it) in the same color as the grout. Once the chipped v-cap is replaced and the caulk touched up, the sink will look great.



The gas range is also in place and fully functional:




We have ignition! Holy cow, I can't begin to tell ya!


Check out the cool purple light that indicates which burner is on!


The satin nickel vintage-style ceiling registers have been installed, too.

Here are the old white-painted aluminum registers, which are now destined for a good dusting, and then they will be off to our local Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store.


I ordered the new registers online from Atlanta Supply Company. They sell a wide variety of floor, ceiling, and wall registers. One of their customer service reps helped me choose these. They are heavy and made of solid brass. They were also very reasonably priced, and fit perfectly, too.


The dishwasher has been unpacked and put in place, though not actually installed yet.

2 comments:

Mirlisa said...

G8rally, you're kitchen is looking beautiful and I have stove envy - the gas range is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That range is awesome. I wouldn't even use it because I'd want it to stay clean all the time. Here's a hint no one told me. Pledge and a cloth diaper have worked the best for me on my stainless appliances. Love Love Love the registers too.