Monday, January 18, 2010

House paint and the Asian market.

Today we went over to the other house (Andrew's former home) on the East side of town, to check on the painter's progress. We are getting Andrew's house ready to either sell or rent, since we now have 2 houses. Here are some photos of the painting in progress.


The carport, after one coat.



The back of the house, after one coat.




The shed. It desperately needs a new door. It's on the to-do list.

Andrew picked the color scheme out all by himself, and I LOVE the colors! He did a great job, didn't he? Awwwwww......


Here's the side of the utility room, which the painter is still prepping. So far, it's been scraped and had some lap siding replaced.

Looking good!


On the way home from the house, we finally stopped at the Asian market in our neighborhood. And, joy of joys, we found a gigantic tub of Thai red curry paste! Plus, some Udon noodles, Japanese rice candy (my sister Jen introduced me to it many years ago. Fun, because the rice paper wrapper melts on your tongue), and jasmine tea (because I just ran out). We also bought some frozen dim sum treats (steamed buns with red bean paste and shrimp rolls) to try. Maybe we'll do a dim sum and Udon dinner soon.


Although the blog updates have been few and far between, there are home improvements in the works. We are in the process of redoing our master bedroom in preparation for the arrival of the new bedroom furniture we recently ordered! If all goes as planned, the crown molding will finally get installed (if I can find it out in the workshop), and we will give the room a fresh new paint color. I found a place online to order nice window treatments (a la Smith & Noble, but much, much cheaper). We'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Laura said...

What an exciting post! I wish you would post more often - I love it when you do!

I thought for sure when I saw those house colors that you picked them out -they're great! Big Brother is always full of surprises!!

I just ordered a bunch of Thai food in because I couldn't find local stores that carried much of anything...where did you go?

Can't wait to read up on the next round of projects! :)

Caryn said...

I was sure that Ally was in charge of those fabulous colors! They look wonderful! I think that painter guy was NUTS! Who WOULDN'T like those colors???