Monday, November 17, 2008

A Wrinkle in Time: Flashback to 2002


While waiting for any new progress on the stalled kitchen and bath remodel, I thought I would post some of the before and after photos of some of the earlier improvements to the Cottage. The photo above is from December 2002, soon after I bought the house, when I had the old shingle roof replaced with a galvanized metal roof. (Don't believe what you've heard about metal roofs being noisy when it rains! There's nothing better than a metal roof). Looking back, I realize that I really should have taken more before photos, including detailed close-ups, in order to fully appreciate the transformation later. This photo doesn't really capture the full effect of the faded blue shingle siding and plastic faux shutters!

Here is a photo of the master bedroom with the old wallboard removed so new electrical wiring and insulation could be installed. After the new wiring was completed, I refinished the heart pine floors in the master bedroom and throughout the rest of the house,

then insulated the walls of the master bedroom.
Next, new drywall was installed,

and I finished, primed, and painted the room.


Here's a photo of Dixie, my Florida Brown Dog, checking in on the progress.


And, finally, baseboards were added, and the rest of the furniture moved back in.

4 comments:

Just A Girl And Her Craftsman Bungalow said...

gorgeous furniture

Jen said...

Beautiful floors. I also love the armoire.

Anonymous said...

I love the house and even more so Dixie.

G8rAlly said...

She's a good girl. We have been through a lot together.